Friday, July 30, 2010

Jimbelunga

In 1994 I went to QLD to live and heard about a Registered Nursing Position at the First Indigenous Nursing Home & Hostel for elderly Indigenous people. It was built at Eagleby which is just south of Brisbane. I was lucky enough to get the position and worked with a great bunch of people for over a year. 2 of these people Esther Nicholls from Yaraba Country & Pamela Rashleigh were to remain friends & sisters for life.
I returned to Adelaide to work at Nunkawarrin Yunti in 1995 and became the first Registered Nurse and Site Superviser of the newly built "Elders Village" an assisted living centre for Indigenous Elders in the suburb of Davoren Park in South Australia

1 comment:

  1. I think there are very few Assisted Living communities in South Australia, the best of my knowledge!

    Assisted Living Community Westerville

    ReplyDelete